Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Creating sphinx table in mysql crashes mysql - why?

I've got the latest version of sphinx installed. I have created the index with no problems and searchd starts up with no problems.

However, whenever I try to create a test table (straight from the docs I might add) mysql crashes.

I'm at wits end here.

Any ideas are appreciated.

G-Man

Here's the query:

CREATE TABLE t1 ( id INTEGER UNSIGNED NOT NULL, weight INTEGER NOT NULL, query VARCHAR(3072) NOT NULL, group_id INTEGER, INDEX(query) ) ENGINE=SPHINX CONNECTION="sphinx://localhost:9312/test";

  • I'm finding this rather confusing and a bit of a look over the Shpinx web site doesn't make things much clearer but, as I understand it, Sphinx adds functionality to MySQL datbases, supporting MyISAM and InnoDB. The creation query tells MySQL to create a table using the sphinx engine, which is not something MySQL normally understands. I therefore suspect that the query is either incorrect or incomplete. Alternatively, some component of Shpinx that should allow MySQL to recognise the new sphinx engine isn't working as it should.

0 comments:

Post a Comment