Thursday, January 27, 2011

Deploying OSX-Bootcamp-Windows 7

I have to deploy 5 OSX Macs with dual booting via Bootcamp into Windows 7.

What's the most efficient way to do this?

Many thanks

  • I recently did exactly this on 20 OSX systems. I just created a custom image, ran sysprep, captured the image with ImageX and then booted each Mac into the PE to apply the image with ImageX. It worked great! We tried to use Deploy Studio but it made a mess of the partition and left me with an unusable Win7 install. I'm curious to see if anyone has a better solution though, as I'm always up for improving efficiency!

    From
  • I would simply use dd in the Terminal on Mac OS X to create an image of the whole hard drive. You can then use the Mac OS X DVD that also contains a Terminal and dd to write the image you made (which you can store on a USB HDD) to the hard drives of the other Macs (which I assume are identical).

    From

0 comments:

Post a Comment