Tuesday, January 11, 2011

How can I change the security settings of Google App's Exchange protocol?

I'm using Google Apps's Exchange protocol. When I use it on my iPhone, I notice that it sets the phone to automatically lock after a minute and this value cannot be changed. I'm wondering if there is any way to tweak this value in Google Apps.

Update: I'm using the Standard Edition of Google Apps.

  • Tweaking the security settings is a feature of the Premier edition, as described in this support article.

    Edit: From this thread, it appears Google has changed this. If you delete your Exchange account, then disable and re-enable the mobile sync service in Google Apps, it appears that this reverts the policy to not require an automatic lock.

  • I had this same problem. I believe Google has fixed it, so there is no more security requirement. You have to pay for a premier account to change the settings. Also, be sure to install the hotfix from apple. If you remove your mail account from your iphone and re-add it, you should be all set.

    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3398

    Senseful : This didn't require for me to download any hotfix. I just had to remove and add the account, I believe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment