Tuesday, January 25, 2011

How do I remove the ServerSignature added by mod_fcgid?

I'm running Mod_Security and I'm using the SecServerSignature to customize the Server header that Apache returns. This part works fine, however I'm also running mod_fcgid which appends "mod_fcgid/2.3.5" to the header.

Is there any way I can turn this off? Setting ServerSignature off doesn't do anything. I was able to get it to go away by changing the ServerTokens but that removed the customization I had added.

  • ServerTokens is what manipulates the Server response header. (ServerSignature is used for server generated documents.)

    However, if you want to completely control the Server header I would suggest using the Header option:

    Header set Server "Apache/2 my_customizations"
    

    as an example.

    From rjk
  • php.ini:

    expose_php = Off
    
    From karmawhore

0 comments:

Post a Comment