Friday, January 14, 2011

Share sheetfed scanner over network

Greetings, I have a problem with sharing of sheetfed scanner (Panasonic KV-S...). How can I network this type of USB device between multiple computers in our LAN? Our supplier recommends software tool USB to Ethernet Connector . Does anybody have any experience with this tool? Or maybe any other solution? Thanks...

  • If you are able to connect it to a Linux box and if your scanner is supported, Sane (http://www.sane-project.org/) has pretty good support for sharing scanners on a network. There is a windows client available, but I dont know if there is any server support ...

    Good luck !

    From Guillaume
  • I can recommend USBtoEthernet Connector, you can try its demo from product page, check wiki or contact developer support team if you have any questions…

    ** My usage scenario was in accessing USB under Hyper-V session and they even developed custom solution (secure backup over net) for my client.

    Hope this helps)

0 comments:

Post a Comment