Saturday, January 15, 2011

Windows Server 2008, "The requested operation requires elevation"

Sorry for the newbe question, but I'm a developer who hasn't touch a Windows Server in years. A recent project has required me to setup and configure a development VM running Windows Server 2008, IIS 7, and SQL Server 2008 Express. I need to run commands in the command window and get the following message:

"The requested operation requires elevation"

Reminds me of SUDO in Ubuntu, what's the command to elevate?

  • This is a stab in the dark, but can you right click on the command icon, and select "Run as" and select an account with administrator privileges?

    craigmoliver : I'm trying to run a command
    craigmoliver : oh, nevermind, I get it
    craigmoliver : I right clicked and found "Run as Administrator", and that worked, thanks!
  • After you type cmd in the "run" box you can press Ctrl-Shift-Enter.

    From Adam Brand
  • Alternatively, just run the command prompt itself as Administrator, and you won't need to worry about needing elevation. You will, however, need to worry about having it.

    From RainyRat

0 comments:

Post a Comment