Friday, February 11, 2011

Disable the error message box while loading an external movie with actionscript 3

I have a compiled swf file and a I can't edit it, but the movie is working fine (but gives an error message with a message box).

I am using it from an other movie (load with as3 code). When the loader movie loads it the error message box appears.

I wonder is it possible to disable the errors while loading a movie with as3.


Here is the error in the message box:

"TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at motionsound11_fla::_all_29/motionsound11_fla::frame249()"
  • Can you elaborate on what the error is? This might help figure out if there's a workaround for that specific error, or maybe that its not possible to supress (for example, the box warning of a blocked local or network access attempt).

    If you google for 'swf decompiler' you'll find a myriad of options for generating some actionscript for your SWF, which might allow you to fix the problem directly, or at least diagnose it further.

    From Paul Dixon
  • Yes. Here is the error message (editted my first post):

    "TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
    at motionsound11_fla::_all_29/motionsound11_fla::frame249()"
    

    And I don't want to decompile my movie. It becomes more complex when decompiled. Yes, for understanding the problem I did. But my first problem is disable the error message box.

    Thanks so much.

  • I might be wrong here, but I'm not sure the release version of Flash player plugin would produce an error like that - are you running this in the debug plugin? What you could do is test on a box you know has never been used for development - it's possible the error simply won't appear when you deploy your application.

    That said, any Flash developers who use your app might still see it!

    Hasan Tayyar BEŞİK : The loader wont be on a web page. It will be used as .swf file or executable file
    Hasan Tayyar BEŞİK : Now i decide to publish as web page. This way, the project will be more secure and dynamic. Thanks
    From Paul Dixon
  • Yes, You are right. There is no error in a browser (with flash player plugin). My project wont be in a browser. It will be an executable file (.exe) or .swf . So people who have "Adobe Flash CS3" on their computers will see the error in swf format file.

    (i will add this information to my question : " The loader wont be on a web page. It will be used as .swf file or executable file" )

    And your answer is acceptable. I will publish as html page not .exe or .swf. This will be more secure,dynamic and has no platform dependence.

    Thanks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment