Sunday, March 27, 2011

Setting up Eclipse for Java and PHP

I have already installed Eclipse for Java development. I'd also like to install Plugins for PHP, CSS/HTML and Javascript, but all the sites that I've checked only offer a 'All in one' package, so I could either download an all-in-one Java package or an all-in-one PHP package, but not both at the same time.

How do I set up my existing installation to also support PHP files?

From stackoverflow
  • I use PHPEclipse which can be installed as a regular Eclipse software update

    The PDT can also be installed as an update.

    For HTML/CSS etc, the WTP can be installed in a similar fashion.

    stolsvik : PHPEclipse doesn't seem updated anymore?
  • Did you follow the steps presented on this installation page? There is a From update site section in which they describe how to install it from the Software Updates menu.

  • If you already have Eclipse installed, follow the instructions at PDT Installation to install the PDT (PHP Development Tools). This will include the Web Tools Project (WTP), which brings editors and tools for HTML and CSS.

  • I had this problem recently.

    I started with the J2EE Ganymede setup and added the PDT tools (via Update) afterwards.

    Then I added Subclipse afterwards.

    G.

  • (I wish they wouldn't change the eclipse pages all the time...)
    Look for "runtime" on the downloads page for PDT (http://www.eclipse.org/pdt/downloads/)

    Why do you want JDT and PDT in one installation? I usually set up different installations for different things. It just so easy, since you don't really need to install anything. I have two setups for PDT and at least 5 for JDT.

  • Install Aptana Studio plugin. In my experience it is much better then either PHPEclipse or PDT. However, YMMV.

0 comments:

Post a Comment