Thursday, April 28, 2011

add url to html extention Chrome

Hello,

I am starting to write a extention for chrome. For this extention I like to add automatically the url on the bar to an text field of my extention. When I click on my extention u popup shows a form with a field. The value must be set to the URL of the page i Visit.

I work normaly with Jquery, and maybe the answer can fit in the jquery.

I hope I enplane everything well and thank you for any answer

Update:

This must be the answer

     populateForm();
function populateForm() {
  chrome.tabs.getSelected(null,function(tab) {
    console.debug(tab);
    naam.value = tab.title;
    url.value = tab.url;
    }
    )};
From stackoverflow
  • Your brackets and parentheses are misplaced. Try using this:

    function populateForm() {
        chrome.tabs.getSelected(null, function (tab) {
            console.debug(tab);
            naam.value = tab.title;
            url.value = tab.url;
        });
    }
    populateForm();
    

0 comments:

Post a Comment