Wednesday, April 6, 2011

C# Drawing 2D objects with events

I need to draw several simple objects (polygons composed by lines and arcs, eventually placed on different layers) inside a form (or any other container) and then handle events like:

  • right click on object
  • zoom
  • pan

Is there a library/framework that can handle my need or do I need to create my own?

EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION:

My polygons come from SDO tables exported from AutoCAD Map 3D and I need to create a simple application that can show them (with pan, zoom, etc) and enable simple operations on them (like viewing properties, insert a point, etc).

May be I should look for an AutoCAD OEM license?

From stackoverflow
  • A good example can be found on codeproject called draw tools

    It has samples of drawing a rectanlge, ellipse, dragging, stretching etc and can be extended to add other basic objects. We used the same framework to write a program called Page Layout Pro.

    Keeper : I don't think it can fit my needs
  • Mindfusion have a range of diagramming libraries which support what you want, but may well be too complicated for your needs (and expensive).

    Keeper : That's not what I want to design, look at my edit

0 comments:

Post a Comment