Thursday, April 21, 2011

Move your Working Copy

I tried to find out how to move my working copy. I know SVN move can be used to move files and folders inside your working copy but what about the working copy itself? I want to move it because I created a branch in a folder location that's different from my branch and had updated therefore all my .NET project references. So when I go to merge back to the mainline trunk I get a bunch of tree conflicts.

From stackoverflow
  • The actual working copy directory may be moved at will using your client operating system commands (i.e. Windows Explorer if you're using tortoisSVN). The working copy contains all the meta-data needed to remain consistent with the original repository from which you checked out the local working copy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment