Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Website localization depending on its extension

Hello,

I'm currently building my personal website in ASP.Net MVC and I want two versions: a French and an English one.

I've got two domain names and I want to match the English version to the ".com" domain and the French version to the ".fr" domain:

  • When you go to www.mywebsite.fr, you will get the French version
  • When you go to www.mywebsite.com, you will get the English version

So, my question is: What is the best (easiest?) way to handle this?

Thanks

From stackoverflow
  • A quick overview: use ASP.NET Localization infrastructure to enable localization (there's plenty of stuff for localizing ASP.NET MVC-based sites) and add section to your Web.config that would map .com to en-US, and .fr to fr-Whatever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment